Thursday, March 19, 2015

Spring, please.


I am really desperate for springtime. I feel so motivated  this year, and I want to embrace the season that I so often overlooked while living in a city. Yesterday when the weather warmed up, I took a much-needed long hike/walk off the beaten path in search of anything and everything that showed any sign of spring and new life.



Thanks to Pinterest, I have a newfound obsession with foraging, and I would really love to get my hands on a field guide so that I can put my theoretical new passion into practice. A mushroom guide would be amazing, too. I love mushrooms, and I have really fond childhood memories of going mushroom picking in the woods near my grandmother's house, with a giant mushroom encyclopedia in tow. I'm pretty sure that most of the mushroom season is in the fall, but I'd love to get my hands on some wild chanterelles or morels at this time of year.


So, back to reality: we move into our new flat in... (I literally have to go count on my fingers now)... 8 days! Well, kind of. We're getting the keys and moving in some boxes on the Friday, and doing our first grocery shop to stock the place up, but then returning back to stay one final night in our current room at my in-laws' house. The furniture will be loaded into a moving van early the following morning, and then we're out of here for good, supressing the overwhelming urge to sing "So Long, Farewell" in unison. If it were up to me, I'd sleep on the floor the first night, but in the interest of saving money on fuel, it's out of my hands.

Speaking of saving money, I'm going super saver all up in this joint. It's no secret that money has been a tough and tender topic while I'm sitting here waiting to get my visa so that I can go to work, but I've learned a few lessons about what 'necessities' really are in the process. Plus, I've always been the "make it yourself" type when it comes to everything from cleaning products to repurposing objects and containers, so expect some handy DIY type posts in the near future.

That's all, folks!

2 comments :

  1. I love Spring!!! I has been so fun being back in the US and experiencing Spring!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is my favorite time of the year (even though the allergies are sometimes unbearable). Where I live it decided to come early, so I've been living like a hippy, refusing to come inside before 9 p.m. I can't help myself! I hope the move was successful. Good luck!

    brilliantriots.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments! Thanks so much!! <3