Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wildlife


Miss me? Sorry about that. I've been taking some much-needed time off. Trying to get life in general sorted out, planning a trip back to America (hopefully for Thanksgiving)... it's just been a little overwhelming lately, so I needed to step back and be a little self-centered for a while. That being said, TADAAA! I'm back, fo' sho.

One of the most calming, happy-endorphin-inducing activities I can partake in when stressed or worried, is a nice long walk or hike surrounded by nature. I love this trail that runs along a canal, and how autumnal and peaceful the entire scene was when I spend a Sunday morning exploring it. Families biking together, small houseboats puffing smoke out of their chimney as they probably cooked their breakfasts, and ducks eagerly following passing children in the hopes of some bread being tossed into the water.

Sometimes it's good to detach from reality, however briefly, and re-ground oneself. It's rejeuvenating, refreshing, relaxing.  Happy hump day. Let's get back to business.

9 comments :

  1. que maravilla de fotos, son preciosas

    Estamos sorteando 3 perfumes Calvin Klein one en
    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to go to the States for Thanksgiving! I love the photo of the duck and your shoes. The colours really pop! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I really hope I can get home for turkey day, too!

      Delete
  3. Long walks are the best! They always make me feel better, no matter what's going on. It's definitely good to take breaks from the internet every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just need it, right? Since I don't live by the beach anymore, a canal will have to do :)

      Delete
  4. I love these shots! They make me want to have a fall!!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments! Thanks so much!! <3