Saturday, December 13, 2014

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas


Decorations are appearing throughout the house, one by one. I have to admit that I jump started the Christmas decorating a little sooner than my in-laws are used to (well, except for Steve, who encountered my Christmas obsession last year). But after days of begging, the big tree is up, with most presents already wrapped and nestled underneath. I've been baking cookies on [at least] a biweekly basis since Thanksgiving, and I've bought a multitude of pine-y candles to help the the season permeate all the senses. The weather is still reminiscent of October in Pennsylvania, but the frosts have begun so it seems a little more wintry than in recent weeks.



I'm pining (pun intended) for my mother's "Merry Freakin' Christmasland," which involves a level and quantity of decorations that turns an entire home into what could easily be mistaken for Santa's workshop (she has an entire ROOM in the basement dedicated to storing Christmas decorations), but I'm also thankful for the little touches of home that I have here with me, and the promise of making new traditions and decorating our own home in the Christmases to come.



In other news, I'm actually really excited for the post-Christmas clearance sales, so that we can begin to stock up on pretty things to adorn our home with next year (you know, when we actually have our own place again). I can't believe I'm already looking forward to next year. I mean, what happened to living in the present? Speaking of presents... heading to a Christmas market today to really get festive and pick up some little last bits and stocking stuffers. I really hope the weather cooperates so that we can go ice skating!

5 comments :

  1. Ahh I love Christmas so much!!! This looks lovely!!!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will send lots of photos of merry freaking Christmas land to you so that you aren't too homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think our moms would get along great, my mom goes all out for Christmas too. At point I think she had a tree for just about every room in the house! I've definitely inherited some of that, I just love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had multiple trees at one point, too! And it's definitely rubbed off on me; I feel so festive and I want to decorate everything!

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited for Christmas and these photos are so lovely! x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments! Thanks so much!! <3