Monday, September 23, 2013

Pork Two Ways

A couple on a budget still wants to have a nice big roast dinner on Sundays.
For the first time, I attempted to cook a whole pork shoulder into tender, moist, succulent (I swear I'm not trying to make this sound sexy, it's just happening. I mean, it IS pork. These things happen)...

Disclaimer: sorry for the photo quality, I was in too much of a hurry to grab my camera today, so my iphone did the job. 



I have truly, truly outdone myself this time. *Pats self on back*
On Sunday morning, I put this behemoth in the oven. 7 hours later...


A whole pork shoulder. Which then became the Sunday roast dinner (ahem, see below)...


Whose astronomically tender leftovers were repurposed (I mean, there are like 9 lbs left, I'm going to be eating pork in various dishes for a week)... into the below Asian delight. 
This is a wonton noodle soup bowl version I made for my honey... mine sported GF rice noodles and a squeeze of lime. I could probably eat noodle bowls every day of my life. Tomorrow will probably be pork tacos. (Taco Tuesday, duh!). Loving this whole one-meal-lasts-a-week thing. We can eat well on a budget without a casserole dish in sight! 



4 comments :

  1. What!!!!! This looks so amazing. I haven't done a pork roast in ages, but you my dear, have inspired me! And that soup! Sigh. You are awesome.

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I have to give most of the credit to the pork, though. I'm pretty sure it just tastes amazing no matter what you do to it.

      Delete

I love to read all of your comments! Thanks so much!! <3