Monday, October 6, 2014

Rainy Day Remix

Well, October arrived, and I'm beginning to realize what the words "wet season" really mean.
That being said, I'm devising plans for oodles of things to do when I'm confined to the indoors due to the weather. Before I get all blabby about my goings-on this past weekend, here's little overview of what's on my plate during this particularly dark and gloomy rainy day: 

Adobe Stuff!
I had to update/change my Adobe account to a UK one, so I re-subscribed to the Creative Cloud. The good (amazing) news here it that there is a new "Photography" subscription option, which includes Photoshop and Lightroom (more on that in a minute), and costs LESS than a single-app subscription! Woo! Here's to saving money AND getting new software. Whoop whoop!
That being said, I've spend -most of the morning waiting for said software & updates to download, hence why I haven't posted pics from this weekend (yet).

Lightroom
I've been bingeing on YouTube tutorials all morning. I've never used Lightroom before, but I'm excited about having the mobile version to edit pics on-the-go. If anyone else out there is a first time user, like me, I really like this guy's video tutorial series. Pretty easy to follow and covers all the basics, if you ask me.

Mixed Spice
I found this while grocery shopping yesterday - it's simply called "Mixed Spice (for baking)" over here, but it's pumpkin pie spice. The exact same thing. Yep. Heaven. I'm on my 6th cup of coffee, let's just put it that way. And I bought a pumpkin. So, stuff's going to happen in the pumpkin spice/pie department this week. 

Bagels
I have no shame over this one, particularly because it's been so damn long (2+ months) since I've indulged in a bagel. A fresh, stinky everything bagel, perfectly toasted, with Philadelphia cream cheese, onion, tomato, and black pepper: one of life's greatest pleasures. An everything bagel was literally my last meal in America. I have suffered intensely the past two months, but when I found them in Costco's bakery yesterday (!) I went berzerk and now have tons of bagels to consume. Sorry, love handles. 

Anyways, I'm playing around with Lightroom for the rest of the afternoon, and probably watching a few more tutorials in that department, so here's a little preview of this weekend: A before/after I quickly edited on my first try, featuring the greatest furniture found at a car boot sale (flea market, in American speak) this weekend, as well as the most terrifying Chuckie-esque doll. This was taken on my phone, so I'm pretty thrilled that it was so quick/easy to edit. Also loving this before/after display in Lightroom; I'm a big fan of instant gratification. Whoop Whoop!


1 comment :

  1. Great list! Lightroom sounds awesome, I will definitely be checking it out. Oh my gosh I am obsessed with everything bagels, too. Might have to run out and get some now...

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments! Thanks so much!! <3