Thursday, October 16, 2014

So Fed Up

Bear with me, because I have had it up to my eyeballs at this point with Google.

I decided to make myself a personal Google + page, you know,  because "everyone is doing it".
So I did. But then, why did I suddenly have these massive photo albums of old, and even unused, blog photos in my personal profile? Who wants that? *Delete*

Suddenly, my blog was completely devoid of images. And it still is, about a month back, and going. I restored the photos to my Picasa albums - but when I deleted them from my Google + page, apparently it completely deleted them from my associated Blogger account, as well.
And they didn't re-populate once they were restored. Because that makes sense.

So I have to go back through YEARS of posts, and restore all of the photos. Hoping that they still exist. Because Google decided to do something ridiculous like this. So thanks, Google.
And thanks, readers, for bearing with me while I make the repairs.


8 comments :

  1. Gosh that is terrible! Hopefully you can get them all back. I always have panic attacks thinking I've lost photos. And I have also wondered why my google plus account is always asking me to share random photos of my life.. I don't like how google seems to be forcefully taking over everything. I really want to change the email associated with my blog because I used my personal email, but if I am logged into the email I use for blog notifications it won't let me use blogger because it's a different email. -_- I also had to make a new youtube account because of the same reason. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so frustrating! I swear it is someone's job to think up ways to make things more difficult and inconvenient.
      I just spent all morning restoring the first 3 months of posts... I have a long way to go! But since all of the photos still exist, I'm hoping to finish by... I don't know, Christmas?
      Sigh.

      Delete
  2. LOL I did the same exact thing to my old blog. Ughhhh. Google + sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about this, can't imagine the crazy amount of work to fix all of it!

    I, too, was a little confused about the photo album when I got my Google+ account, luckily I just tried to figure out if I could have it private/hidden, but also contemplated just deleting it. It should definitely be clearer what's up with all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that, that would be SO frustrating. :( I haven't ever bothered with Google+ because... I have too many social network things to maintain already, haha! And I never use it, so y'know. I hope getting all of your old posts refilled with their pictures doesn't take too long!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really understand Google +. I have a page but I never really look at it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I switched from Blogger to Wordpress.com and then suddenly discovered a google+ page I'd never set up with all my old blog photos. So I deleted the page, and my photos all disappeared from my blog too. When I restored them only half came back. It is the most annoying thing! I have like 5 years of blogs that lost photos!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments! Thanks so much!! <3