Monday, June 2, 2014

Empty



             

I would like to start by apologizing for the tiny photos. I have not been taking my camera out & about lately, and I'm really starting to regret that. Days like this beg for a much more quality shot than my outdated phone can deliver. But, it's always with me, and so when random things like private beach picnics with crazy parrot men happen, it's ready to capture what it can. That being said, back to the photos...


This weekend was 1000% necessary for unwinding purposes, before the mayhem of this week began. In 5 days I'll be walking down the aisle of the church I grew up in, where my parents were married in my hometown. Steve's family all landed yesterday, and the next 72 hours before we head for Pennsylvania are a flurry of tourist activities and delicious meals, without a second of down time. I'm yawning as I write this. So much to do, so little time. It's now a matter of days, not weeks, and I'm beginning to have a fluttering somewhere in my midsection that I can only compare to a 6 year old's anticipation of Christmas morning. 


So Saturday dawned bright and early, and just the pair of us decided that some much needed "us" time was on the cards. Cooler packed, we hopped on our secret little express bus and in twenty minutes had an entire beach to ourselves for a day of picnicking, talking, and cuddling while the clouds passed overhead. 

    

Oh, and there was this guy. That's a live parrot on his head, and a handbag made out of tutus. He posed for photos. He's sort of amazing, and came out of nowhere like a magician, then kept walking on his way.


Finally the clouds rolled in and threatened of rain, and we packed up to head back to reality. And now, it begins!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to read all of your comments! Thanks so much!! <3