Thursday, June 12, 2014

Fruity

I'm currently in recovery mode from three weeks of decadent restaurant dining while my in-laws were visiting, so I decided to go with a salad tonight for dinner. Since so many delicious fruits are ripe and in season at the moment, I grabbed a few pears and peaches and topped off some Belgian endives with a honey & apple cider vinaigrette. Yummy and filling!


 I love grilling summer fruits. The natural sugars caramelize, and the sweetness is offset by a hint of smoke that adds just the right amount of savory flavor. 



Endive, Pear, and Grilled Peach Salad

- 6 leaves Belgian endives
- 1/2 Bartlett pear, sliced
- 1 ripe peach, thickly sliced
- 1 small persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- Several shavings of locatelli or parmesan cheese (bleu cheese crumbles would also work!)
- 3-5 very thin slices of cured salami (optional) 

For the dressing:
-1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
-1 tsp apple cider vinegar (I used Bragg's)
-1/2 tsp organic honey
-1/4 tsp brown mustard (to bind everything together)


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to read all of your comments! Thanks so much!! <3