Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Technically Tea

It is the social responsibility of all grandmothers to make their loved ones' diets fail miserably. And let me tell you, tea this past Sunday with my "nanna-in-law" was no exception. She had been up early baking a chocolate cake from scratch, preparing cherry scones, and whipping up fresh cream that was literally the most addictive substance I've ever come in contact with. The tea itself was an afterthought; necessary only for washing down the veritable mountain of baked goods that I consumed in her conservatory. My thighs will hate me later, but it was absolutely worth it.


Aren't these "fairy cakes" adorable? Those little bits on top are wings perched on a mound of fresh whipped cream. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to read all of your comments! Thanks so much!! <3