Thursday, July 17, 2014

Making Memories



I'm not ready to say goodbye. I don't think I ever will be. I think the key here, for myself at least, is to keep reminding myself that this is temporary, that nothing is forever, that I'm not going to Mars; I can and will be back. 

Spending this past weekend at a cabin on a lake in a remote part of northeastern Pennsylvania was one of the most memorable weekends I can think of. Despite coming down with some sort of foodborn illness from the Au Bon Pain in Port Authority (won't be eating there again anytime soon), it was a kind of magical weekend that just seemed to cooperate with the whole "goodbye" mentality. Family traveled in to spread well wishes, and the sky put on a show every night at sunset. And, on the last night, we did too - with some fireworks. I'm going to hold these memories close to keep me company, as I get a bit homesick in the months ahead. 

PS- these are just a few iPhone photos; I have plenty more from my camera that I plan to add soon.

1 comment :

  1. Love the lights in these pictures, and the circles in the water in the last picture. peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments! Thanks so much!! <3